Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sidewalk art


Just a quickie tonight, so that the blog does not feel completely unloved.

There's a sidewalk artist who works in our neighborhood. His subjects so far have been Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (during the election), and Michael Jackson, after June 25 of this year. Today, I passed his handiwork, and am still guessing the identity thereof. I have an idea, but what say you?

And here's an easy one: Who'll be the first to make the connection to a children's book?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking that's Judge Sottamayer? (spell?)

Could be wrong, though...please post an update when the artist finishes! I find sidewalk art fascinating.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

I was thinking the First Lady.

brattcat said...

Intriguing. Can't wait for the reveal.

Rick Daley said...

I'll second Beth's choice. (The correct spelling is Sotomayor.)

lizzy_lyn said...

Looks like Elenor Roosevelt to me . . .

Rick Daley said...

I'm curious to know if the artist ever completed this drawing...

Francesca said...

I'll agree with Beth as to identity but of course, all I can think of is that she's sinking into the sidewalk and soon all that will be left is her smile... (cf. Cheshire cat).

Because even if Bert drew that, and even with Mary Poppins holding my hand, I'm not sure that's the first pavement drawing I'd leap into...

Unknown said...

To connect to a children's book, I vote for Brother Wind in the picture book by Patricia McKissack called Mirandy and Brother Wind. I love that book--and what can you say about Jerry Pinkney other than what a fabulous illustrator??