Sunday, June 7, 2009

Separated at birth?


Jack Nicholson.

Mo Willems.

Can you believe I had never actually seen Easy Rider before this Friday night? A disgrace, I know. And when I at last did view this trippy movie, all I could think of was Mo Willems. NOT because it was trippy, no no. But every time I looked at Jack, I thought...Mo. Whoa.

Which is a nice segue into tomorrow's blog post about the Musem of Comics and Cartoon Art festival in NYC this weekend. (Mo Willems is on the MoCCA Advisory Board.) For tonight let's just say there is a future to publishing, and it was in exhilarating evidence at the Lexington Avenue Armory this weekend. More anon.

4 comments:

Yat-Yee said...

My first Jack Nicholson movie was One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when I was about 8 or 9. Didn't understand most of it, but I remember a deep sense of doom as I watched. Thanks, Mom!

I still can't watch him on screen without fearing him. Same thing with John Malkovich.

Mo isn't going to start writing about mental institutions and Code Red, is he?

Rick Daley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Daley said...

Interesting transition from "Nick nick nick nick...Indians!"

to

"Don't let the pigeon drive the bus!"

Great movie, great book. You can't say no to that.

Jean Reidy said...

Hah, Brenda. How does Mo feel about this? Now that you mention it, if Jack Nicholson wrote a PB it just might feature a pigeon with an attitude. I doubt he ever had a KNUFFLE BUNNY, though. Because Jack's wacky work (think THE SHINING) seriously demonstrates security issues.