Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MoCCA


Today was my day to post about MoCCA but I didn't get a chance to do it. As an opening salvo, here's the best quote from the 2-day fair.

The scene: A very small table, being shared by 3 aspiring comic book writer/artists. One person's work particularly catches my eye. I stop to talk to the open-faced young artist about her delicate, wryly funny drawings:

ME: Have you ever thought of doing a children's book?

ARTIST: Only in my dreams.


Which reminds me: Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

5 comments:

Rick Daley said...

I have two sons, seven and four, and it is very rare that they don't each get a book at bedtime. I love reading to them because I get to act out the silly voices.

The best part is when they can read back to you and you realize they aren't just reciting the book anymore, but they are actually reading it.

Children's books are a treasure. They teach kids to love reading at an early age.

lizzy_lyn said...

And then did you slip the artist your business card?

brattcat said...

I hope you slipped her your business card. You, BB, have a particular gift for making dreams come true.

Brenda Bowen said...

How I would like to make this dream come true for her. I bought her hand-sewn book, and am hatching ideas.

Haste yee back ;-) said...

must be a good feeling... got one in the bag and direction to pursue without officially starting. Good on ya!

Haste yee back ;-)